Bot is not updating automatically
- Check RotBot discord server first to see, if there is not any service outage
- Use /xset checkrights command to find out, if permissions are set correctly
- Check what permissions are set for RotBot in your server it should have: MANAGE ROLES, MANAGE CHANNELS, MANAGE EMOJIS & STICKERS, MANAGE WEBHOOKS, VIEW CHANNELS, SEND MESSAGES, MANAGE MESSAGES, EMBED LINKS, ATTACH FILES, READ MESSAGE HISTORY, USE EXTERNAL EMOJIS, USER EXTERNAL STICKERS, ADD REACTIONS, USE SLASH COMMANDS
- Ask us in RotBot discord server, we will try to reply ASAP
I don’t want user rotation at all, is there a way to disable it?
- Yes, it is simple, just use /xset rotation to turn it off/on
Users are added with ally code, how often do they get their nicks and payouts updated?
- Nicks and payouts are updated once a dayt, admins and server owner will get notification, if something is updated. They can also update specific user manually by /user updatepo command.
- If you have sniper enabled, nicks & payouts get updated on the second move of the user
Can I receive informations about my payout automatically?
- Yes, every user can opt in to receive a direct message everyday before his payout according to the server settings
We are receiving notification(s) from payouts-rb channel from time to time, why?
- This is because we need to send 2 and more messages sometimes (instead of edit them), when we reach discord message character limit.
- We are not able to set default notification settings in the channel (again Discord API), so users have to change it themselves
We have received message to fix rights in the payouts-rb channel, how?
- Easiest way is to
- Kick RotBot
- delete payouts-rb channel
- invite RotBot back and DO NOT change suggested permissions
- everything is stored in the db, so you should not lose anything
I see “Reaction Error: Missing Permissions” after I wrote a command, what’s wrong?
- RotBot is missing right to embed links in the channel you write the command, ask any admin to add it there (before they do it, you can send that command via DM)
I Installed RotBot in my server but I am not the owner of the server, how do I start?
- Create a discord role named „rbadmin“ (case sensitive and without „) and assign it to you. Then you have the same rights as the server owner, try /help to see what can you do.
I am getting syntax error when trying to se shard type
- use only /xset st
Is it possible to run two separate RotBot list in one discord server, one for fleet and one for squad?
- Sorry, this is not possible in the way RotBot db is created. We use discord server id as an unique id and there are no plans to code this feature. It is much easier to set up a new server…
I receive “This is not a user you are looking for” error after I run command, what is it?
- Some commands are tied to your discord id. If you weren’t added into RotBot with @mention, they will not work. Admins can fix that by running /xuser changeid
- or you run a command where you specify a user. This user wasn’t found in our db. Please specify a user different way (ally code, @mention, name or just part of the name)
I set up sniper (ipd integration) but it is not working
- There can be more things wrong, please double check this:
- channel with the webhook have to have each movement started with 8 digit number followed by |. If you see messages without numbers, run /xset info command and copy paste ALLY_CODES_URL into your config vars on heroku. If you used ALLY_CODES config var, just delete it, it is deprecated
- RotBot needs to be able to read messages in your ipd-channel. Double check if you see RotBot in the userlist on the right side in that channel. If not, you must assign RotBot permission to view_channel and read_messages_history in that channel. To check if it works, just run /when command. If you see any reply from RotBot, you are ok, if not, check permissions once again
What is Rose ranking?
- Something really bad. Higher it is –> more useless you are for your shard